Freelance Video Production – Rise of the Video Freelancer In the Age of Video
In the land of digital video, freelance video production will be king (or queen).
So, you have finally decided to say “sayonara” to your day job and go the freelance route – or maybe you’re just going to go part-time until your freelance video production or editing business can replace your regular income. That’s great because being a freelancer means you will have all the perks of being your own boss:
- working flexible hours,
- choosing your clients
- making money doing what you LOVE to do- and best of all,
- keeping all of the profits earned from your work.
Of course, freelancing has its challenges, too but the rewards, in my opinion, are much, much greater than the risks.
Freelance video production will become a virtual goldmine for online freelancers willing to jump in now. – L. Scott Harrell
KNOW YOUR BUDGET
Running a freelance video production company or having a “side hustle” will mean knowing exactly how much you need to make right down to the last penny to make the effort worth your time. This information will enable you to make a plan of action for a particular project and be realistic about it. Apart from knowing what your minimum budget should be, if freelance video production is going to be your full-time work, you will also have to make sure you have got at least 4 to 6 months of savings to help you get by when projects are slow. Besides, having money in the bank will give you the financial security to say “no” to the projects you are not interested in.
In short, knowing your budget and having savings enables you to make smarter choices as a video freelancer.
GIVE IT YOUR ALL
As a video freelancer, it is important for you to understand that each project you work on will be an audition for your next gig. This is why you need to show up whenever you accept a project and give it your all regardless of the long hours, low payments or a less than ideal working environment.
Remember, you accepted the project in the first place so it will be your duty to act like a professional. This will help you get noticed and you will find that more and more people will be willing to work with you.
This is a no-brainer really. The more people you know, the more opportunities you will make for yourself to get more work. This is why it is important to increase your referral stream by networking any chance you get. To network effectively, put yourself out there whenever you get the chance to create new relationships and strengthen the ones you have with the people in your industry. The best part is you can get referrals from anybody so you never know where your next job will actually come from.
Make sure that your contacts know the benefits of hiring freelance video production works better for business. Share this great article to your own social networks:
ADAPT WITH THE TIMES
The marketing and video content industries are changing constantly. Since they never stand still, neither should you. Make an effort to keep up to date with the latest technologies being used in freelance video production so that you will be sought out by those who are looking for the very best in the business. Also, never shy away from doing things differently and standing out from the crowd.
In the end, the only limitations when it comes to freelance video production seems to be in the freelancer’s own level of creativity, their technical skills and desire. So, as long as a video freelancer is prepared to strive to be the best and is able to differentiate themselves from the rest with their own style and brand, you will have a chance to make it as a video freelancer.
10 Job Ideas For Freelance Video Editors and Video Producers (plus a bonus of 70 more).
As a video freelancer, you have a lot of opportunities to sell your services. There are various types of services that you can use to make money on our video creation marketplace as a video freelancer and there are many ways to attract more clients to your business. If you are still confused about the best video services that you can offer to your clients, here are 10 quick job ideas for video freelancers:
1. Create explainer videos that help to explain about various things in various niches, with nice animations and smooth flow.
2. Create tutorial videos that can serve as training videos for those who want to learn new things, such as how to speed read, how to do yoga, how to do martial arts, and so on.
3. Create videos for special events such as weddings, business anniversaries, birthdays, musical concerts, and other big and special events.
4. Create screen capture videos that help to explain things with on-screen instruction and step-by-step tutorials.
5. Editing videos to make them look like professional videos done in a big studio, giving your clients a better impression of their business.
6. Marketing video content into various video distribution channels and social media platforms, which help to gain more viewers for the videos.
7. Creating movie videos for various purposes, such as advertisements, school assignments, indie movie production and so on.
8. Providing a voice over service for animated videos.
9. Creating whiteboard videos that help to explain things in an easier way, just like a teacher in class.
10. Creating video sales message to help product creators sell their products to their audience.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!